What is “AIR RACE X”
"AIR RACE X"
AIR RACE X is a dual race format that enhances the enjoyment of spectating.
Race Format A
Race Format B
The “Red Bull Air Race World Championship” has produced many dramas so far.
Red Bull Air Race World Championship which has created numerous dramas.
- ・The world‘s elite pilots gather in iconic cities around the world.
- ・Real racing with the world’s top pilots
- ・A thrilling battle for the world’s best time within 1/1000th of a second.
What is Red Bull Air Race World Championship
A motorsport in the sky by small flight, which was held from 2003 to 2019. Participants compete by passing air-inflated pylons (obstacles) at a height of 25 meters in the prescribed order and method to reach the goal. The event consists of a series of grueling aerial time trials with a maximum speed of 370 km/h and a maximum load of 10 G. It is also described as the “Formula 1 of the sky.
A new race concept: Combining actual flight and digital technology. Creating a better format for more spectators.
- ・Analyzing and collecting actual flight information from races all over the world, to generate reliable competition data.
- ・The generated data is visualized using AR technology for spectators.
- ・AIR RACE X experience in any city in the world.
This can only be achieved by those who know aviation operations.
- ●Aviation Technology
- We have operated in the Red Bull Air Race World Championship and many other aviation events, We provide smooth operations with a high level of safety awareness.
- ●Ultra-high-precision flight data measurement technology
- The same race track is set up in various locations around the world based on the results of each pilot’s race time, a ranking is generated.
A new style of spectating that combines the real and the digital.
- ●Augmented Reality （AR）
- AR conversion using ultra-high precision flight data.
Realization of a new style of spectating using AR technology in the host city.
Expected to increase the attractiveness and value of the city by implementing it as a city promotion and host city tourism policy.
The fundamental system of AIR RACE X
Ultra-high-precision flight data measurement technology.
Each pilot races around pylons placed in precisely the same position as all competitors, no matter where the location is in the world.
The data from actual flights are collected and managed by race officials
After confirming the penalties, the time is finalized. The results are published in an online leaders board
A viewing style utilizing digital technology
Ultra-high-precision flight data measurement technology ✕ AR (Augmented Reality）
・Utilizing XR technology to create virtual reality (AR) using ultra-high-definition flight data
・Using a dedicated app to accurately depict and visualize race planes flying at speeds of 400 km/h in three dimensions
・Producing broadcasting programs that make extensive use of real and AR footage
・These programs can be made available for ground-based viewing events, TV broadcasts, online streaming, and more
Any place can become a Host City/race venue, allowing for planes to race in places that are impossible in real-life
Viewing the AIR RACE X World Championship through AR can be achieved in real cities, real location and real events